Deighton Cup Look: Have Fun With Style Stakes Best Dressed Awards
Photography: Alyssa Dawson Photography
Makeup Artist: Ana V Beauty
Hair Stylist: Emily Roop
- HAVE FUN WITH YOUR LOOK
- There are many local Milner’s that can create a custom fascinator that will complete your look and you are sure no one else will have something similar
- You don’t have to wear a dress. Mix and match with separates!
Custom Feather Fascinator/kirstenley.com
Purple feather skirt/Pink Tartan/Mine & Yours
Black bodysuit/La Senza
ALL ACCESSORIES BY LUX JEWELS
18K white gold diamond necklace
10.50 carats of round brilliant colorless diamonds
18K white gold diamond tennis bracelet
7 carats of ideal cut colorless diamonds
19K white gold pink cocktail ring
12 carat pink pear shaped Kunzite
.68 carats of round brilliant colorless diamonds
WISHING EVERYONE LUCK FOR THE STYLE STAKES COMPETITION
Style Stakes Format
As one of the most fashionable events of the summer, The Deighton Cup’s Style Stakes Best Dressed Awards is about stepping up your style game. Each year, the Style Stakes pushes the fashion envelope when it comes to dressing to impress.
- Between 11am and 2pm, 10 celebrity fashion-industry judges will each choose one finalist from the crowd: 5 men, 5 women.
- Attendees may also nominate themselves or a friend at the Style Stakes Self Nomination Station by filling out an entry form and presenting themselves to a second panel of industry-insider judges on or before 2pm.
- At this point the panel will divide contestants into the male and female entrees.
- At 1.50 PM, before the award ceremony begins The Style Stakes Producer (Jamie) will conduct a raffle to draw an additional 10 names (5 male / 5 female) at random from the ‘Yes’ segment to compete the 20 finalist.
- Once all nominees have been chosen, Jamie Hughes will contact each via text to inform them of the Style Stakes meeting point. Once all nominees are present Jamie will run through the process and how the next stages will work. Entrants MUST be present at the draw to accept their nomination.
- A total of (20) semi-finalists (10) women and (10) men, will be called at 2:30pm to flaunt their looks on the Style Stakes Stage in front of the judges and a crowd of 4,000 people.
The Belle Du Jour and The Gallant Sartorial winners will each receive a $500 cash prize as well as a pair of Sunglasses compliments of KORE. Both winners will be invited back the following year to become The Deighton Cup Style Ambassadors.
The People’s Choice Awards
The People’s Choice Awards is the latest addition to the Deighton Cup. Opening up the Styling judgment to the public, attendees can snap a picture of their outfit, post it online and put themselves forward to win a $500 cash Prize. Separate from the Styles Stakes Best Dressed Awards, here is how it works:
- Anyone at the Deighton Cup can enter the People’s Choice contest by taking a photo of themselves and tagging #DCPeoplesChoice and #DeightonCup
- The photo must be full length and include a single individual. Photos with multiple individuals or groups will not be entered into the contest, nor will images of partial body length
- Our Style Stakes Director and the panel of judges will select a maximum of 12 nominees to be entered into the People’s Choice voting
- The public (anyone) will be able to vote on the platform by entering their email address
- The photo of the person with the most votes will be the winner
- The winner will receive a $500 cash prize
- The voting contest will run for one week after the event, with the winner announced on Monday, July 31st
Note: Please promote this competition online and encourage people to enter.